Winterbourne: There must be another way - but what is it?
The North West Training and Development Team (NWTDT) is hosting a conference with workshops in March:
This is a Post-Winterbourne opportunity to identify positive, outcome focused alternatives to expensive, out of area placements and assessment and treatment units.
Date: Thursday 7th March 2013
At: Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Manchester
Keynote speakers include:
- Mark Palethorpe - Director of Adult Social Care and Health, Cheshire West and Chester and North West ADASS lead for Learning Disability
- Simon Duffy - Director of The Centre for Welfare Reform
- Viv Cooper - Founder of the Challenging Behaviour Foundation
- Lynn James-Jenkinson - Director of NWTDT
- John Boyington CBE - Transition Support Director, NHS Greater Manchester
More information and a booking form is available here: