ISFs in Action
Author: Sian Hoolahan
Individual Service Funds (ISFs)
This report describes one of the most important and ground-breaking initiatives in the development of personalisation in adult social care. By working in partnership a service provider, Choice Support, and a local authority, Southwark Council have:
- Broken down a large block contract for 83 people into individual budgets
- Created Individual Service Funds (ISFs) for more flexible services
- Begun creating better and more empowering services for those they serve
- Developed a more dynamic and respectful relationship between a service provider and commissioner
This report is the first of three short research reports outlining progress and describing the steps necessary to make the changes.
Read and download the free pdf in your browser here.
The publisher is the Centre for Welfare Reform.
ISFs in Action © Sian Hoolahan 2012.
All Rights Reserved. No part of this paper may be reproduced in any form without permission from the publisher except for the quotation of brief passages in reviews.
- ISFs in Action PDF | 728kb