17 September: Innovations in Supported Employment
We need to break down the walls that divide us. We need to break down the walls that keep people outside community life.
Paid work continues to be one of the most important routes to citizenship and Values Into Action Scotland (VIAS) continue to lead ground-breaking work on this topic.
Join us for this free webinar led by Norma Curran, John Brown and Liam Simpson of VIAS and facilitated by Simon Duffy of the Centre for Welfare Reform.
Date: 17th September 2020
Time: 10:30am BST
LIVE: streamed via https://www.facebook.com/citizenfestweareone
The webinar will cover:
- Best practice in supported employment
- Project Search
- Young Scotland's Got Talent
- Other innovative projects
This webinar is part of the Day Centres Without Walls Project co-funded by Erasmus+ and IKY. This European project is exploring how day centres can change to embrace inclusion and full citizenship. Over the life of the project we hope to better understand what it means to be a Day Centre Without Walls.
The Day Centre Without Walls project is led by Puzzle, which is a social enterprise based in Greece. Current partners include:
- Association of Parents and Friends of People with Autism in Rethymno from Crete in Greece
- Papillons Blancs de Lille from Lille in France
- Social Coop: Kara Bobowski from Modigliana in Italy
- Jaunuolių dienos centras (JDC) from Panevėžys in Lithuania
This seminar is also part of CitizenFest - a global festival to celebrate equality and diversity.